Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Oh Happy Day :) and some Pretty Paper Good[ie]s

Ok, so first things first, gotta give a humongous THANK YOU to Heather of Gathering Spriggs. She featured my blog here along with a beautiful, completely flattering and sweet little post. I'm just as happy as a clam :) Heather has a lovely blog herself, full of gorgeousness and if you haven't checked it out yet (what are you waiting for?!) then now is as perfect a time as ever :)

Now about my weekend. I went to Renninger's antique flea market in Mount Dora, FL - my first legit flea market (sorry I don't count dollar store items as a flea market - for real, when did that happen??) - and I found a lot of cool stuff :D I talked to a lot of really nice people (and some a little bit crazy [read: drunk] haha!) and spread some Etsy love while I was at it. I was especially touched by one vendor's generosity. When I told her I just started selling things on Etsy, she started just giving me little odds and ends, telling me they were gifts from her to me - so sweet :) I told her I would come back and visit becaaaausssee (and here's the exciting part!) when I come back to Orlando in a week and a half, Renninger's is having their big monthly flea market fair. YAY! Maybe I'll remember to bring along my camera this time and take some pictures of the fabulous junk (anyone else reading this go nuts over rows and rows of junk treasure??) And for those of you wondering what I bought...I'm gonna hafta go ahead and pull a Ryan Seacrest on you - you're gonna hafta wait 'til I get back home down South and can take some pretty pictures in my "studio" err, room :)

Now for today's delicious eye candy (yummy!). For no real particular reason, except my love of typography and hand-drawn illustration, I decided today would be about some pretty paper goods.

14 comments:

  1. thank you for including my Blackbirds printable cards! i love everything in this collection, really. you have a good eye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including my Letterpress Congratulations Card! What a lovely blog and fantastic feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jen: You're welcome! And thank you :D I'm all smiles :)

    @Sweet Harvey: Thank you! It was my pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! what a beautiful selection! Thank you for including my illustrated birthday card. Your blog is so pretty. love handylittleme x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This collection is truly oh so lovelie!!! Merci beaucoup for featuring my card!
    XOXO
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for including my card. I love your selections. So many cute designs and a beautiful color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful collection- and a wonderful blog. an honour to have my card included. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing... I love #8 the mason jar with flowers. So simple yet really adorable. Glad you had fun at the flea market. I've never been to a "real" one. Only the ones that are more like little antique stores. I'd love to go to one of the big ones outdoors...I bet you can find some great things!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came across from Gathering Spriggs yesterday and just knew I had to stay! One scroll down the page and I knew I was hooked and you write my kind of blog - fabulous loveliness!
    xx
    PS: Just as super duper finds today too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for including us on your blog. Mucho Gracias :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you amy! and you're welcome :D

    @Melissa: That's one of my favorite ones too - and all their other products are just as nice ^_^ And I'm super duper physced about the big fair coming up! I'll hafta post some good photos of that :)

    @Cassie: Thanks so much! Comments like yours make me feel like it's all worth while :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Ice Cream Social: My pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely lovely!!! i sent an email and was wondering if you are interested in exchanging your link with my site. if not, that's ok,too. i'm your fan^__^

    ReplyDelete

Write me a message :)