Okay okay....mostly this month. But some of these are just things that I had to share. Come on, would you really want me keeping valuable information from you? I think not :)
- Storing your batteries in a fridge or freezer can extend life, depending on battery type.
- Alkaline batteries can lose up to 25% of their power a year if stored in a hot garage or attic.
- Rechargeable batteries lose 1-2% of their charge every day at room temperature. Storing them in the freezer preserves about 90% of a charge in a month. (Better Homes and Gardens Publication: Storage, Summer 2010)
- After you've installed your molding, put the tape just a hair above where you're going to caulk to give you a straight line and no mess on the walls. (originally found here)
- When you're trying to get a crisp line with painter's tape, first use very minimal paint on the brush (dry-brush) and go over the border of the tape. Then, on the second coat, you can apply more paint. The first coat creates a seal so the second coat doesn't seep through. (seen on HGTV)
Do you have any useful tips? Let me know and maybe I'll include it in my next tips post :) By the way, I realize I'm 3 days late but hey what can I say..better late than never right? haha