Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Babies & Bears - A Photoshoot

Hey everyone. I can't believe its 2 am and I'm still up. I've been like a little choo choo train building, making, mending, cleaning, photographing..the list goes on. I'm re-stocking my shop and trying to get things in order now that I'm back in town. Anyway, in the midst of ALLL that, I stopped to "smell the roses." I had been photographing and staging things in my room, when my daughter woke up from her nap. She was being awfully cute so I decided to snap a few photos since I was in that mindset anyway. Well, I'm so glad I did, because I got some of the best photos of her I think I've ever gotten. The best part? In the photos I'm about to show you, she is holding my teddy bear, named "Corduroy." I got him when I was about three and took him everywhere and I slept with him all the time. Seriously, I was still clingy to this bear in the 4th grade (I know, at 9 years old it's a little weird huh?). I think I even cuddled with him when I was pregnant, on those stressful nights when I thought my whole world was going to topple on top of me and leave me buried in the rubble. Though I've grown apart from that bear, every now and then I look at him with her, and I think of that little sparkle in his eye I used to see. I guess you could say it just makes me happy; that a little piece of my childhood is seamlessly being woven into hers. My goodness I'm a sap, gettin' all misty and teary eyed over here! Oh well, I'm sure you momma's out there know this feeling too :) So I guess the moral of the story is, cliche as it may be, "Stop and smell the roses" and enjoy your children.