Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

SimpleHappy

I'd like to introduce a little feature on the blog called "SimpleHappy" based upon the concept in life that it's the simple things that matter most. I always find I get ridiculously giddy at the silliest little things. Like when I sit down to watch Grey's Anatomy with my boyfriend and a bowl of Goldfish crackers (am I the only one that steals snacks from their kids? Please tell me you do too so I don't feel guilty! :P) I am so happy it's stupid haha! So, yes, the little things - the simple things :) those are the things that make life worthwhile. This is what's on my list of SimpleHappy for this week:


These flowers :) Munchkin helped pick them from our garden (there isn't much in there haha!) Some Begonias, some weed looking fluffy spherical things, and some velvety grey-green leafed thing (I am QUITE the botanist aren't I?? It's my mom's garden, shh!) They are sitting in a Starbucks Frappe Bottle :) (and currently wilting after a day, but hey, it makes me ridiculously happy to have flowers from OUR garden and to have picked them with her :)



Cheyenne and I picked this rock up on the beach while on a mini-date with Daddy :) She painted it light blue and told me what to write on it. The "hanger" is an old broken Pooka (how do you spell that??) shell necklace. It's going to be his Valentine's Day gift :D



Yes, the television spot got me lol. But they ARE delicious! And I feel much better giving them to my little one (and having a few myself of cooourse) knowing that they have vitamins and fiber and all that. Would it be better to have yogurt as dessert? Yes, but when you are craving Oreos and milk, this is a fantastic substitute! And if you are on WW pts plus, these are only 4 points for 3 - not bad!



This SimpleHappy is brought to you by Pinterest (find me here! I will be adding a link on the sidebar soon :)) With all the house-hunting going on lately, my mind has been racing with thoughts of designing a kitchen, decorating a living room, etc etc. So basically I've been on Pinterest ALOT. Sometimes dreaming just makes ya happy! (to see more of this kitchen, click here)



This little book is WONDERFUL! I am, well, let's just say not so good with keeping up with things. Food journal? Some how I stopped using it. Daily Planner? Got so busy I just decided writing things down was a waste of time (oh dear I need help lol). But this, this little book is fantastic. Every night I go to bed and have a new and interesting question to answer. I haven't missed a day yet and it's been over a month. Milestone for me! LOL sad but true. And the coolest part is that for the next 5 years, I'll get to see how my answers change based on what's going on in my life. I think it'd be really cool to do something similar with children (though some of the questions in this particular book get too heavy for kids IMO). If anyone knows of such a book, please let me know!

Well that's it for this week :) Thanks for stopping by and here's to hoping you have some SimpleHappy moments of your own!